| Deadline: 23 May 2018
Submission period for sustainability research award 2018 now open
Become a Green Talent, promote your research in Germany and benefit from an exclusive network of excellent green researchers. The goal of sustainable development is to find a balance between the need for socio-economic development and the need to preserve the environment, and to thus meet the requirements of present and future generations.
'Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development' was called into life in 2009 by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) to promote the international exchange of innovative green ideas from various fields of research.
Every year, the Ministry honours 25 young researchers with the 'Green Talents' award, under the patronage of Minister Anja Karliczek. Since its inception, the award has recognised 207 young researchers and scientists from 57 different countries for their outstanding achievements and contributions to making their communities, countries and societies more sustainable.
Group photo of Green Talents 2017 © DLR | Hans-Christian Plambeck
The Green Talents Award includes:
- an invitation to the fully funded two-week Science Forum 2018, consisting of
a visit to leading German science and research facilities with unique insights from experts at these institutions
- individual appointments with German experts of the winner’s choice to discuss opportunities for research and cooperation
- networking opportunities at the Green Talents alumni conference
- a fully funded research stay of up to three months at an institution of the award-winner´s choice in 2019
- exclusive access to the Green Talents alumni network.
Deadline for submission: 23 May 2018, 2 pm CEST.
For more information please refer to greentalents.de or watch the competition trailer: